HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

So glad you've come to visit us today!! Please leave a comment so we know you've been by!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Carter--2 months!

Carter turned 2 months old three days ago, but just finally today I got a picture. Not a great picture, he was getting tired, but the light was right this afternoon and I wanted to get this post up before it got too much past the date, so we'll go with this. ANYWAY...

Yesterday Carter had his 2-month checkup/shots, and he's doing great! He was 7 lbs 9 oz at birth and now he's 12 lbs 1.5 oz. He was exactly 20 inches long at birth and now he's 23 3/4 inches so he's growing like a weed and already outgrowing so many of his clothes! Carter weighs the exact same weight Eli did at 2 months (12 lbs 1 oz). Eli started out at 8 lbs 11 oz though but then didn't eat well those first couple months. So I guess Carter's just proving that he's going to catch up to the older two! =)

He still eats every three hours during the day and does do longer stretches at night, going to bed at 10:30/11pm and sleeping at least until 2 or 3am, last night I think he made it 'til 4:30am (maybe?? I'm not really conscious anymore during all this night business) He sleeps in our bed with us and the second half of the night he sleeps right next to me instead of in the middle of the bed.

He's smiling and cooing now and, like most babies, loves to watch our faces. Doesn't like tummy time. Does like sitting in a vibrating bouncy seat. Doesn't like to be left, should I decide to go put laundry in or something. Does like ocean sounds at nap. Doesn't nap in a bed yet. Does like car rides. Doesn't like getting in his car seat. Does take a bottle. (HUGE HOORAY!) Doesn't do well with his binky. at. all. But it does help enough, especially when we're in church or at the grocery store. Doesn't like when Mommy eats sausage. Does have a lot of gas even though I really don't eat many "gassy foods". Doesn't have enough troubles though that I'm concerned at all. Does have a lot of red in his hair. Doesn't mind when his brother and sister do crazy things to him. Does melt my heart every day.

See, I told you he was tired when I took his pictures today.
And just for kicks, here's the comparison of Carter and Eli at 2 months. I think Carter's starting to look more like himself now!

We sure do love you, buddy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, what a big boy! He's precious. I think he's starting to look a lot like Kevin and his side of the family. Even more I think than Eli. Glad he's growing so well for ya and even taking a bottle! Woo hoo!