Gosh, it's been almost a year since I've written on here! I keep family update via Facebook so that's why I don't post much here anymore cuz I'm not sure I have any readers anymore! This is what I included in our Christmas "letter" this year, so I thought I'd include here just to sum up what's been going on...
1. South Dakota vacation. Horseback riding, Mt. Rushmore, The Badlands, Bear Country, Storybook Island, waterfall swimming, alpine slides, and beautiful scenery!
2. Birthday celebrations. Lost in Fun (indoor play place) for Carter, Ice skating for Hannah, and LegoLand for Eli.
3. Heavenly celebrations. As hard as it was to say goodbye to both of Kevin's grandmas, we can rest in the truth that they are rejoice in their perfect life with their Father.
4. Extracurriculars. Spring soccer for Eli, gymnastics for Hannah, and AWANA for all three kiddos!
5. Carter started all-day preschool (with Friday's off). So we entered the next phase of life where all the kids are in school during the day and Mom has the home to herself! Or the parents get free date time!
6. Mom freedom! Sarah finished her leadership position with MOPS and now serves on the church's Women's Ministry team, participates in two daytime Bible studies, and sings regularly on the worship team. And just for fun, she plays weekly volleyball at the gym.
7. Community involvement. Our family now volunteers to work at the local library once a month. We participated in the Father's Day run. And we periodically help at the school.
8. This fall we celebrated Sarah's dad's retirement and their official move!!
9. Kevin's still working hard at the power plant, including this year's 2-month Outage. He sacrifices much to provide for our family.
10. Good health and fitness. Eli and Hannah even learned how to swim this summer!
We have been greatly blessed, and we are thankful for these moments and memories. We create many plans for ourselves, but it is God who directs our steps. We are thankful for His provision and care, in the good times and in the bad, in the highlights and in the mundane. May we love one another greatly to reflect the Joy that is within us. Happy New Year!!