HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

So glad you've come to visit us today!! Please leave a comment so we know you've been by!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beautiful Colorado.

The rest of my pictures from our trip, kind of random here...
Birthday fun. I didn't have enough light to get a good picture of the cake, it actually looked pretty neat! I had spread the whipped cream on top and then covered with sprinkles in the afternoon so it would be ready before my parents arrived to the cabin. I put the lid on the pan and let it sit again in the fridge. I guess sprinkles can melt when they sit like that, and when I put the lid on the pan it peeled off a bunch of the whipped cream in the middle. No biggy. So I waited 'til cake time to do a fix up since I had leftover whipped cream. I filled in the middle that had come off and as I was spreading it on, I decided to swirl the melted sprinkles gently around in the whipped cream giving it a soft rainbow effect. In the end I really liked it!
flower pictures at the cabin. I went out right after a rain so there wouldn't be shadows from too much sun.
This pink one was my favorite. A Columbine, I think.
at the lake before kayaking
There was a lot of this over the weekend...
Sunday before church
Most of these were taken through the car window as we were driving Kevin to the airport. We really didn't have time to stop, or at least we didn't know if we did. You might notice some window glare, but just ignore that.I took these on the way back to the cabin after I dropped Kevin off. I actually did have time to stop a few places.

1 comment:

Servant Becca said...

I love all the pics -- the ones of the mountains or flowers showing the beauty that God has created, the ones of family gathered together playing one way or another, and the one of you and Kevin sitting on the rock.

In the midst of our busy lives, it is always great to step back and enjoy one of the most important relationships we have -- that of husband and wife.