HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

So glad you've come to visit us today!! Please leave a comment so we know you've been by!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A thankful heart.

This morning I was jotting some things down in my thankful journal {that I hadn't written in at all since June 15 by the way}.  Eli asked what I was doing so I told him, and he asked if he could put some things in his journal too.  So for at least the next 45 minutes he kept listing things he was thankful for as he continued to bounce around the living room doing what kids do.  Some things he repeated several times, and at first I didn't write them again, but towards the end I decided I would because it shows what he thinks of most.  He kept going forever, it was awesome!  Here his list as he said it...

1. I am thankful for... friends.
2. I am thankful for... family.
3. I am thankful for... Carter is my best friend.
4. I am thankful for...I am safe.
5. I am thankful for... my house keeping me dry.
6. I am thankful for...my whole house and my room.
7. I am thankful for...I am healthy water and food.  {?}
8. I am thankful for... my bed.
9. I am thankful for... my big family.
10. I am thankful for... I get plenty of drinks.
11. I am thankful for...my chairs.
12. I am thankful for... my whole big blankies.
13. I am thankful for... my whole outside.
14. I am thankful for... I get plenty of air. {as he was looking at the AC unit}
15. I am thankful for...I get plenty of drink energy.  {?}
16. I am thankful for... my pictures.
17. I am thankful for... I get to go to school.
18. I am thankful for...that little helicopter that Daddy got.
19. I am thankful for... I got a lot of water.
20. I am thankful for... my stickers.
21. I am thankful for... Grandma and Grandpa.
22. I am thankful for... Mommy.
23. I am thankful for... my new cup.
24. I am thankful for... Paul and Holly.
25. I am thankful for... Jesus because I can be clean my heart.
26. I am thankful for... devotion.
27. I am thankful for... my big birthday.
28. I am thankful for... Daddy's big birthday yesterday. His Jeep one.  {yesterday just equals the past}
29. I am thankful for...I'm a little airplane. {huh?}
30. I am thankful for... I got energy right now.
31.  I am thankful for... you.
32. I am thankful for... my whole big life.
33. I am thankful for... plenty of sleep.
34. I am thankful for... juice.
35. I am thankful for... my special birthdays and my little lawnmower and my jeep.
36. I am thankful for... I am healthy and strong.
37. I am thankful for... donuts.
38. I am thankful for... my little Carter.
39. I am thankful for... Hannah's princess stuff.
40. I am thankful for... Carter James.
41. I am thankful for... my chairs.
42. I am thankful for... Jesus dying for our sins.
43. I am thankful for... my big giant sleep.
44. I am thankful for... Hannah.
45. I am thankful for... Carter doesn't poop out at night.  AND he goes to sleep right away.  {LOL}
46. I am thankful for... my whole big giant yard and I get plenty of food.
47. I am thankful for... swimming lessons.
48. I am thankful for... pictures.
49. I am thankful for... big, big JUMPS!
50. I am thankful for... blue sky.
51. I am thankful for... this {jumps off the couch}.
52. I am thankful for... Hannah jumping that way.
53. I am thankful for... blue trees.
54. I am thankful for... trees are green.
55. I am thankful for... Jesus.
56. I am thankful for... stickers.
57. I am thankful for... my blankies.
58. I am thankful for... trains.
59. I am thankful for... wagon rides.
60. I am thankful for... family.
61. I am thankful for... Paul and Holly.
62. I am thankful for... socks.
63. I am thankful for... plenty of sleep.
64. I am thankful for... fan, air {con}ditioner
65. I am thankful for... sleep.
66. I am thankful for... sun keep me warm.
67. I am thankful for... my whole body is growing me up and hopefully I'm getting me married soon.
68. I am thankful for... toys.
69. I am thankful for... pillows.
70. I am thankful for... chairs.
71. I am thankful for... tree branches.
72. I am thankful for... Hannah's dancin'.
73. I am thankful for... Hannah's spinning.
74. I am thankful for... dancing.
75. I am thankful for... Jesus on this picture.

What a sweet boy!

2 comments:

~Amanda said...

Like :-)

bp said...

Awww, this is so sweet. I'm so glad you wrote it down, it will be special to have this as he grows up.