HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

So glad you've come to visit us today!! Please leave a comment so we know you've been by!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

It was bound to happen.

It happened.  Of course it did.  We're not good about putting away our outside toys.  Bikes n such.  I'm not used to driving the truck.  Do you see where I'm going with this??

I was backing the truck out last Saturday and I heard a really loud crunch, scraping sound.  What in the world was THAT?!, I said to myself and climbed out to see what I'd run over.  Sure enough.  Hannah's tricycle.  Smashed.

I almost cried I felt so terrible.  But fortunately the kids were up by the house and didn't see what had happened.  Kevin quickly threw the tricycle behind the garage and I left as though nothing had happened.

I was on my way to Omaha, so I just made  mental note to myself, Well, I'll guess I'll get Hannah a new bike while I'm out then!

We had a talk about what happened and how we really need to put our things away.  I told Hannah how sorry I was and then we presented her with this...









Because it's nearing the end of the play-outside season for this year and Hannah's getting so big already, we went ahead and upgraded her to a big bike.  She really does quite well with it.  She's a happy girl.  And now we remember to put our play things away at the end of the day.  Live and learn.  There's no better way.

1 comment:

cryssi said...

I love that next to the last picture...the one of them riding away from you...so cute!!!! I have ran over many toys and I have felt awful about it....but they do have to learn to put up their toys if they want to keep them...

Blessings
Crystal