HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

So glad you've come to visit us today!! Please leave a comment so we know you've been by!

Friday, January 29, 2010

2 weeks old!

I meant to post this yesterday, but it was a busy day, busy week really! Carter went in for his 2-week check-up (due date yesterday!), and he's a growing, healthy boy weighing in at 7 lbs 14.75oz. He was 7 lbs 7.5 oz last Friday, so he's gaining 1-2 oz a day, which is perfect! He's got a goopy eye, and often coughs horribly after eating and we're still waiting for the cord stump to fall off, but the doctor assured us that all were fine, and he doesn't need to be seen again until 2 months. What a blessing!

Carter still sleeps most of the day. Some days it's literally all day and other days he'll have some good alert time. He's still just doing OK at night. Rough nights, like last night, are when I just can't get him to lay back down after a feeding. I'll feed him, he doesn't eat full feeding and is back asleep and appearing full, I'll sit up holding him for quite awhile allowing his tummy to settle before laying him down so he hopefully won't cough so much, then when I do lay him in his bed, he waits a couple minutes, and just as Mommy is laying back down, getting snuggled in bed, he stirs and wakes up again, deciding he's not done eating after all. I get him up, feed him more, and start over. This time I'm not up for just sitting there holding him and lay him down right away. Again, he waits just a minute until I'm laying back down and then stirs and wakes again. This time he's just not liking his bed and is fine when I just hold him. I hold him, pat his back, and wait a few minutes, probably doze a little, then try again to lay him down. This time I move his bedding to the middle of our bed and put him next to me. Again, he doesn't like it, and I pick him back up, hold him longer this time, and try again. Finally he lays down and stays asleep. By this point it's been just over 2 hours since the start of that whole feeding, which was the second of the night. Only one hour left to sleep until I hear, "Mommy, I'm awake!" coming from the next room. *sigh* And this is life now....

I can't complain though. I'd much rather the up and down business in the night where I can halfway doze, than inconsolable crying. So I'm thankful. We just get through the days we're super tired and enjoy the days we're not!

1 comment:

cryssi said...

Oh I do miss those sleepless nights....I really do. I will pray that Carter is eating and sleeping better soon....