HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

So glad you've come to visit us today!! Please leave a comment so we know you've been by!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A mommy getaway.

After Eli's birthday parties were done, I could start getting myself ready for my own little getaway to visit my good friend Lisa in Ohio! Kevin was working night shift so the kids went to Grandma and Grandpa's for the weekend, and I went and enjoyed a couple days just for me!

Early Saturday morning we got our hair cut and done (my request since I hardly EVER get a hair cut and desperately needed it), went shopping, successfully grilled dinner all by ourselves, went for a lovely evening walk, and then went out for ice cream! Sunday we went to their church, saw an afternoon movie at the theater, and then had our own little fondue party.  Then first thing Monday morning, we were off to the airport again.  It was such a great weekend!  Very truly!





Shawn and Lisa

 a sunrise flight!! It was seriously SO EARLY, especially considering the airport was 1+ hr from Lisa's house. Knowing I would be on-the-go again with the kids as soon as I got back, I invested in one of those neck pillows! It wasn't fantastic, but it was enough.

Thanks for such a wonderful visit, Lisa!!!!!

No comments: